Katherine Elizabeth Oberembt
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Tennessee, 2012
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut
- Juris Doctor - 05/2012
- Honors: C. LaRue Munson Prize for excellence in the investigation, preparation, and presentation of cases under a law school clinical program.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- B.A. - 05/2009
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Highest Honors in Creative Writing (Poetry)
- Honors: Morehead-Cain Scholar
- Honors: with Highest Distinction
- Major: English
- Major: History
- Gideon’s Promise Core 101 Program Participant and Graduate, August 2012-January 2015.
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Trial College, Paris, TN, March 2015.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Taking the Fear out of Forensics Seminar, Oxford, MS, March 2016.
- Arkansas Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers Death Penalty Training, Little Rock, AR, August 2017.
- National Association for Public Defenders Sentencing Advocates and Social Workers Training, Denver, CO, March 2018.
- NAACP LDF 40th Annual Capital Punishment Training Conference, Tarrytown, NY, July 2019.
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association New Defender Leadership Institute, Memphis, TN, September 2019.
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association Life in the Balance Conference, Biloxi, MS, March 2020.
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 48th Annual Seminar, Memphis, TN, August 2021.
- NACDL Death Penalty Seminar – Making the Case for Life, New Orleans, LA, August 2022.
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Capital Defense Seminar (Virtual), March 2023.
- Darrow/Baldus Death Penalty College, Intellectual Disability Track, Iowa City, IA, May 2023.
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers: Suppression Seminar – Presenter, Suppressing Statements (June 2018)
- 47th Annual Seminar – Presenter, Mental State Defenses (August 2020)
- 48th Annual Seminar – “Women in the Trenches” Panelist (August 2021)
- Yale Law School: Public Defense Across the Country – Mentor in Residence (February 20, 2019)
- Public Defenders Conference – Panelist (October 25, 2019)
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Tennessee Bar, October 2012
- Massey Mcclusky Fuchs & Ballenger, Memphis, TN, Associate Attorney, July 2023-present
- Law Office of The Shelby County Public Defender, Memphis, TN, Assistant Public Defender, August 2012-July 2023.